- 0.1 Approved Home Heating and Cooling Upgrades Program Supplier
- 0.2 Eligibility for Upgrade
- 0.3 Approved Split System Air Conditioning Rebate
- 1 Three Steps to SAVINGS
- 2 Contact US
Heating and Cooling Upgrades
The Victorian Government is helping Victorian households improve their thermal comfort by offering rebates to upgrade gas, electric and wood heaters with energy efficient reverse-cycle air conditioners.
The Home Heating and Cooling Upgrades Program will increase the comfort, wellbeing and health of vulnerable Victorians while also creating new jobs and tackling climate change.
To accomplish this the Victorian Government is offering rebates to low income and vulnerable households to help access energy efficient heating and cooling by reducing the upfront cost of purchasing and installing energy efficient reverse-cycle air conditioners.
Reverse-cycle air conditioners are energy efficient and provide households with thermal comfort throughout the year by keeping homes warm in winter and cool in summer.
Approved Home Heating and Cooling Upgrades Program Supplier
LEDSaves is pleased to announce that we are an authorized supplier for the Victorian State Government’s Home Heating and Cooling Upgrades Program.
The Heating and Cooling Upgrades Program will assist low-income households in improving their thermal comfort by providing rebates to replace inefficient electric heaters, gas heaters, wood heaters, and homes with no heating with energy-efficient reverse-cycle AC units.
Applying for a home heating system upgrade may enhance a person’s quality of life by decreasing their gas emissions while improving air quality, creating jobs for tradespeople as well as paving the way for the electrification of Victorian houses as the state aims to move to renewable energy.
Eligibility for Upgrade
Heating and Cooling Upgrades For Owner Occupiers
In order to be eligible for this program, you must meet the following conditions:
- Your outdated gas, electric or wood heating system (older than 7 years) has to be replaced with a new energy-efficient reverse-cycle split system AC or if you don’t already have one
- Use only certified products from an approved supplier, such as LEDSaves Heating and Cooling, to install an energy-efficient reverse-cycle split system air con in your house
- To qualify, you have to be an owner-occupier with a valid concession card, or you must have a total household income of less than $90,000
Heating and Cooling Upgrades For Rental Property
In order to be eligible for rebates, you need to declare:
The property you are renting is either:
- Rental properties earning $500 or less in weekly rent, or
- Occupied by tenants who have a valid concession card or have a combined family income of less than $90,000, or
- Vacant properties with the potential to earn $500 or less in weekly rent
- Replace old, inefficient wood, gas or electric heater or no heating with a more energy-efficient reverse-cycle AC
- Have to declare that there is no use of the rental property for holiday accommodation (such as Airbnb)
Approved Split System Air Conditioning Rebate
The Approved Product List for Home Heating and Cooling safeguards the well-being of homeowners and installers by eliminating products that are dangerous or poor in quality. By assuring the quality of the items installed, we can reduce the amount of waste generated as a result of low quality or underperforming equipment and increase the thermal comfort of families.
For safety reasons, a reverse-cycle air conditioner should only be installed by a licensed tradesperson such as the one from LEDSaves, rather than by an untrained individual.
At LEDSaves, we supply and install various ranges and models of split system air conditioners that are approved by the program, such as Daikin, Mitsubishi Electric, Fujitsu, Hitachi, Rinnai, and more.
Three Steps to SAVINGS
Apply now & Save up to 70% on your power bills
Complete a short form on this page.
CONFIRM YOUR DETAILS
We will contact you to inform your eligibilty.
SCHEDULE YOUR INSTALLATION
We’ll select a suitable day and time to install your new system