EP’s Downlight Luminaire Series is a modern, architecturally-designed, dimmable lamp to replace halogen downlights and gimbals.
This versatile lamp comes in Satin White to fit 70mm and 90mm cutouts, in either 10W or 13W, warm white or cool white.
The Luminaire’s low profile form allows it to fit with ease into low height ceiling cavities, while its sealed design prevents airflow in and out of the ceiling through the lamp. Driver, flex and plug included.
10W model is approved for use in VEET, ESS and REES.
|10W / 13W
|70mm / 90mm
|3000K / 4000K
How much light do you need in a room?
Easy question isn’t it? Well, actually it is not. Using LED we advise to spread the light over at least four lights points minimum. So instead of one light in the middle of the room. We suggest a spread of lights across the room. Using an energy efficient light sources like LED is the smart choice. LED lights and bulbs are much more efficient when it comes to energy use (electricity) and transform it into light rather than heat. Also they last a lot longer compared to incandescent. A little bit more pricey on the shelf, but much cheaper over the lifetime!
When you buy LED lights and bulbs, please keep in mind that shades will lower the lumen output. Also dark walls and furniture as well as high ceiling will require you to have more light.
Factors affecting the amount of light
Quantity of number of LED lights required per room also depends on following factors:
- Color shade: Dark shade of wall requires more lights
- Height of ceiling: More heights require more lights.
- Objects: Lots of furniture, display items, complex geometry requires more lights.
- Wastage: Light very close to wall will waste more amount of light by reflection. You have to install more lights in this case
- Amount: More small lights distributed in room can give good illumination than one big light.